We think that the hammer mint, where the counterstamp of 1641 was produced, was located on the upper or northern part of the Plaza of San Miguel (upper location outlined in yellow), and the later mill mint, which was built in 1661 and only functioned until 1664, was located on the lower or southern part of the same plaza (outlined in yellow, below).
Historic documents have helped us locate the approximate sites of the two mints which functioned briefly in Trujillo, of which niether exist remains today.
Building which currently stands on the probable location of the hammer mint in Trujillo, on the upper or northern part of the Plazuela de San Miguel.
The approximate location of the mill mint in Trujillo was where this building is found today, on the lower or southern part of the Plazuela de San Miguel.
FRIENDS OF THE SEGOVIA MINT ASSOCIATION © 2009