The Mint building (approximate location outlined in yellow) no longer exists. GOOGLEmaps
The old Mint building, built in 1661, no longer exists and the configuration of the area has been changed drastically, making it very difficult to establish the exact location. Coins were struck from 1663 to 1664 by the roller method, and immediately thereafter the mint was dismanteled.
The church of San Hipolito, with the Gran Teatro (19th century) to its left. It is thought that the mint was in the general area of these two buildings.
Jose Zorrilla Street, behind the Gran Teatro (on the left) with the tower of San Nicolas church at the end of the street.
FRIENDS OF THE SEGOVIA MINT ASSOCIATION © 2009